For the short story- just read the scrapbook page... the loonger version is below -haha, no worries if you skip that :) oh and spoiler alert- I don't usually include gruesome pictures, but I did take one and included it- although I don't think its too bad! - 
So Sunday, November 10, 2013 We were all relaxing in our bedroom- Jaelyn was playing on daddy's side of the bed (which is about foot of space between the bed and the wall). We hadn't realized that there was a framed picture leaning against the bed in that space. Jae stepped on it and cut herself. We didn't realize at first, she started crying- but it was a softer whine-ish cry. Scott helped her back up onto the bed. he started talking to her- and then looked down to see a good amount of blood all over. He quickly scooped her up and ran to the bathroom, and I was shortly behind. he rinsed it off to see where the blood was coming form and seconds later we decided it was bad enough that we should take her in... We all just loaded up into the van- and then we called our home teacher, Tim Crowder, and he came to the ER and picked up Terra. Scott and I both stayed with Jae- which worked out great cuz I could hold Jae, and Scott could hold her toe. 
Banner Cardon Children's Hospital is great! We got in quickly, Dr came right in and looked at it- ordered an x-ray to make sure there weren't any glass shards in the cut. There wasn't- yay! We did have a little bit of trouble with the bleeding- it'd stop and then she'd move her toe and reopen it and it'd start oozing blood everywhere again. They decided that they would do stitches. It was so hard to watch, they had to strap her down in a burrito style restraint- which made her so frustrated! Then numbing it hurt, and she screamed and screamed! My poor girl! I think this is probably one of the hardest parts of being a mom! They did it quickly though and soon it was over- as soon as they opened the restraints she was happy! A few minutes later we were given some discharge instructions and on our way! Total of about- wait for it- I know you won't believe it but its true! --- 2 hours! Yep form the time we checked in to the time we walked out the door was just around 2 hours! Check-in- waiting, Dr, x-rays, stitches- out! She was smiling by the time we left! Although she knew her toe was hurt and was frustrated that it was- she kept trying to take off the Band-Aid in the van. She also didn't like the arm band on- so she managed to rip that off! lol- I can't even rip mine off- I always have to cut it! This is one super amazing girl!
We picked up Terra right after- who was also so amazing! She listened so well while she was there, and went so cooperatively to the Crowder's house. Didn't get afraid, or cry. She gave Jae a big hug- and told her the doctors were gonna make her toe all better. Since we've been home, she's been helping Jae around the house, and getting things for her. She also makes sure to tell anyone nearby to be careful for her toe- its hurt. lol- such a sweet girl! She has been so loving toward Jae- her empathy is truly inspiring!
Jae's getting used to walking on the side of her foot- cuz it hurts to walk normally. She appreciates when sister will get her- whatever it is that she wants, although she doesn't have many words yet so she attempts to get it herself and a few paces into the direction she's going Terra figures it out and runs and gets it for her- then helps her back to where she was. They have bonded, and just been so lovey through all this- today they were just sitting holding hands, and talking to each other- it was the cutest thing! I just love these girls and feel so grateful for the many blessings I have- and especially the ones that I recently been reminded of! Scott, My girls, the Savior, health , doctors, being close to the hospital, home teachers, power of attitude, simplicity, Christlike attributes, Priesthood power, prayer, relaxation, family, the list goes on!

No comments:
Post a Comment