We Love our family!!!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Sisters- Best Friends

So I think I've said this already, but I just can't get over how close my girls are! I love it! They are always playing together, and looking out for each other. For ex: A couple days ago Terra was awake and watching TV in the living room. Jae had still been asleep. Jae woke up and saw sisters blanket still lying on the bed. I usually pick Jae up, and Jae's blanket but this time she insisted I pick sissy's blanket up too. Halfway down the hall she wants me to put her down, but still hold her blanket and she runs Terra's blanket to her while exclaiming "Sissy- here go! Bank'it!"
Or another favorite one, the girls wouldn't go to sleep. They were still just so pumped with energy and excitement from the day that they weren't ready to go to bed. I was however was really tired and getting frustrated. Jae started crying that I wouldn't sit in there with them and sing songs anymore. Terra reaches over and pulls Jae into a hugging position and says, "I'll sing songs Jae" and continues to hold her and sing to her. It was so cute!
We went to a cousins birthday party- and even though there were Tons of other little kids, Terra chose to play with Jae. There were a couple of other girls that played with them too- but Terra made sure that Jae was included. They slid down the slide together, & Terra helped her climb up. When Jae got thirsty she ran over to get a drink, and then took the cup to Terra so she could have a drink too.

All the time stories like this happen, they share without me asking them too- Terra will ask for a treat and automatically grab 2 one for her and one for Jaelyn. It just melts my heart that they care so much for each other and truly are Best of friends! They sleep cuddled up to each other, they play together, they help each other when in need! They are such a good example to me, and make me want to be a better sibling & friend too.


  So I have to share why Terra is dressed the way she is these pics. lol. (I wrote it on the page itself but in case you can't read it easily here it is).

We were getting dressed and ready to leave. I asked Terra if she wanted to pick out her own clothes or if she wanted me too and Terra said she wanted to wear her silky jammies.I told her we needed to wear daytime clothes and laid her clothes on her bed. She again pleaded, "Mom, I want to wear my silkies!" I replied, "Sorry babe- you can not go unless you wear these clothes." I leave the room and come back to find her dressed like this, and she says, "look Mom we both win!" I went ahead and let her wear it that way- lol. She is so smart, and determined, motivated, -oh the places she can go someday! I said she had to wear those clothes, (and she was) I didn't specify that that she could wear Only those clothes. haha.
 
I am so glad to be blessed with the opportunity to be these girls' mom! They are so wonderful!

    

No comments: