So it's fine now, I just wanted to post so that I have a record of it- in case she asks where she got this scar from someday- haha...
10/4/2012 My sister Arena was over. We were all just sitting, talking, & enjoying each others company- being excited that she got her new (well new to her) blue Kia sedan car. I see Danika run up to Jae and say "Boo, Jaelyn" in a friendly manner and she ran back toward the other end of the room. Jae wasn't shocked or scared or anything- but several seconds later she starts screaming! I quickly look up- "what Jae- what's the matter?! The following thoughts quickly run through my head- I was holding Kaylee and couldn't quickly jump up to her, I wasn't too worried though. She generally doesn't scream like that, but my girls are really tough so she'll probably be ok in just a sec right- then I see it- blood! "Arena grab her- is she ok?" As I still hold to Kaylee I figure she just bit her tongue or something. Arena Scoops her up and starts walking into the bathroom to rinse her mouth off- and she yells, "uh Des, I think she bit a hole in her lip"
"Shut the front door! Really?!" -I reply
"Yep- sure enough! There's a hole all the way through, her tooth poked through her lip!"
She walks back out and we switch children. I look at Jae give her a big huge and Kiss- apologize that she's hurting and mommy wasn't the first responder and hug her again. By this point she has stopped crying but she is still trying to regain control of her breathing- you know the uhhh- huhhhhhh, kinda sounds and breathing pattern. It didn't bleed too much, but there was a hole. I felt sad for her and talked with Matt & Arena on what I should do as I held some ice on her lip. We decided that she'd probably be fine, it was pretty small and wasn't bleeding too much. Scott got home about 20 min later and he agreed that she'd be ok and we didn't need to consult medical care. I knew she'd be ok, but I still felt so bad for my baby girl! A little time- and a few popsicles later- she was fine. Almost forgotten about her lip, except that it was swollen a little. She would remember that it hurt when she laughed to hard or pressed her lips together- but for the most part it didn't seem to bug her. What a trooper! It only took a couple days to heal- so fast right?! I was surprised that not even a week later did she show any signs of the ordeal at all- except when you look closely at her lip you can see the mark still. I'm thinking it will be a faint scar. Poor girl- she's just racking up all kinds of scars on her beautiful face! :(
So a few weeks have since passed and now...
This is sorta off topic- but it does relate. Now she loves to suck on her bottom lip! lol, she's been just sucking her bottom lip in and sucking on it. It soothes her- she does it when she's bored, when she's trying to put herself to sleep, or when she is just trying to be funny. lol. It makes some weird sounds but she just laughs! We haven't decided what comes next but she doesn't do it all the time yet- so for now its just a new development. We'll see how serious it gets lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment